Sunday 21 February 2016

I'm back and it's pretty ugly

My three months off running has just come to an end.  I can officially re-commence running.

In the intervening time I have acquired trail running shoes and some nice running gear for when it's wet and/or cold.

What I appear to have lost in the same three months is any fitness my previous exercise might have bestowed upon me.

I decided to start from scratch again with the C25K app.  I'm very conscious that if I get at all disheartened with my progress I'll crumble and any willpower or motivation will evaporate.  So if I keep the goals achievable, I'll stick with it.

It was muddy and slippery and my trail running shoes didn't stop my sliding and they still gave me numb toes.  I think I slid less than I would have in regular trainers though and the numb toes thing is just me.

I have been out twice, once in the cold, and once in damp and miserable conditions.  I also have a cold so am taking it easy.

It's OK.  Running is better when it's beautiful and cheery outside but this is OK.  I plan to keep trying.

No comments: